1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Kept a secret from my mom for almost half a year! I was planning to surprise her for her birthday, and a week and a half before my trip I accidentally let it slip. Hahaha...
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Unfortunately, no. Jayme and I had promised ourselves to be on a six month plan. Then it turned into a year-long six month plan. Then we just quit talking about it. :( I'm hoping to try again this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sadly, my friend Joe passed this year after a battle with a rare form of cancer. :(
5. What countries (or new places) did you visit?
I got to go to Connecticut! At first, I thought I didn't get to go anywhere new. But then I remembered. I got to go to CT. I saw Bonnie and met Matt, made great friends I'll always keep with me, and met some that I can only hope to forget. ;) Worked in Ohio and Tennessee this year. I've been to both of those states, but not the towns that I've worked in. :)
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
As I say every year, a winning mega millions lottery ticket. I'd also like to have the will power and time to complete all my undone quilt projects. Another year, and STILL haven't completed those quilts!
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it on my own. Finding myself. Finding my heart.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Um...Filling out my productivity reports on time. Yes, I consider that a failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Two plane tickets home to Alaska.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Coragan. To watch him grow into the young man he is becoming is amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Um...I'm sure I have my failings.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Trips to Alaska! :) And maybe tattoos. Haha.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Spending time with Aaron. My Fourth of July road trip with my cousin Daniel. Trips to Alaska.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I always struggle with this question...Not sure I really have an answer this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter. LOL
iii. Richer or poorer? Richer, in more than one way.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Applying myself. This is the same as last year. And now the year before that. And now the year before that! :)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating. If I'd just apply myself, shit would get done. Again this is a borrowed answer from last year (and the year before that). Obviously I have issues with change. And, add to this another year!!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Tammy and Mr. Darcy came to visit for the weekend. We went hiking at Ha Ha Tonka and took a Capitol tour. :) I was supposed to FaceTime with the Duncklee's but I didn't get to. :( :( :(
21. Did anyone close to you get married? Yep! My friends Angie and Eric. I really wish I could have been there! Also Dean and Keri.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory. I love the geeky humor!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Um...After my huge Kindle addiction last year, I really backed off the book train this year. I can't think of any books that stick out in my mind. Bloodlines was good, but I think it stands out because I waited so long for it.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to go to Alaska, and I did!
29. What did you want and not get?
That elusive winning lottery ticket. But I heard somewhere that you have to play to win. Maybe that was the flaw in my plan...That and more time with family. But I can never get enough of that!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh, um...What's with all the hard questions?? I guess I nothing really worth mentioning, since I can't exactly recall any movies that I've seen....
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was in Montana, and I don't think I did much. I turned 33.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Oh, this year has ended so wonderfully, that the "immeasurability" of it isn't really an issue. Though having Aaron and Coragan closer would be amazing. :)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I don't really have a "fashion concept." When I go to work, I'm wearing button down blouses with slacks or a skirt and a jacket. At home, I'm a jeans and tee shirt kind of girl. (Not a shocker, same answer as last year)
34. What kept you sane?
JAYME!!!!! And sewing. It's nice to have a room in my house that I can go to solely to create new things!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't think I really had a celebrity crush this year.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Um...Friends and politics/relgion...let's keep that separate.
37. Who did you miss?
JAYME, JAYME, JAYME. Aaron. Coragan. Mom, Bob, Lori, Jordyn, and Sydney. All my Bakersfield friends. Danielle, Karina, Jeremiah, Anthony and Alex. Auntie Bev. EVERYONE!!! LOL
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Coragan. Though I have met him before, but he doesn't remember, so he counts! :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
God truly works in mysterious ways.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm over me being under you!!!"